AMS is dedicated to providing a safe environment to families that do not have alternative supervision options for their children between August 17th to September 4th at one of our locations in Tucson and in Phoenix.
Description of services: Only available for on-campus parents, these onsite opportunities are not the same engaging classroom environments that parents are used to and will not include in-person instruction by a teacher. Classrooms will be supervised by paraprofessionals or other classified staff. This is for families that do not have the ability to keep students working at home.
Attendance: Parents will not receive phone calls if students are not in attendance on these days. It is a parent’s responsibility to ensure that students get onsite. As such, we discourage student self-transportation during this time.
In Tucson: at our Prince site at 1557 W. Prince Rd, Tucson, Az.
- Hours will be 7:55 am – 4:00 pm M, T, W, TH
- Fridays will be provided till 3:00 pm
In Phoenix: at our Avondale site at 10555 W Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, Az.
- Hours will be 7:55 am – 4:00 pm M, T, TH, F
- Wednesdays will be provided till 1:00 pm
Meals: If your child attends one of these locations between these dates, they will have the option to receive meals from these sites.
Aligned with CDC and ADHS guidelines each location will:
- Conduct temperature checks upon student arrival.
- Students with symptoms or a fever of 100.4 or higher will not attend the program.
- Encourage physical distancing among students.
- Follow the school’s adopted safety and disinfecting guidelines.
- Practice preventative measures including handwashing, hand sanitizing between transitions and discouraging the sharing of materials.
Note: For those interested in on-site supervision, enrollment and arrangements must be made by calling the front office at your school.