No upcoming assignments.
Homework: Element, Compound, and Mixture
Give three (3) examples of each: element, compound, and mixture.
Homework: Pure Substances and Mixtures
Give three (3) examples of each: Pure Substance, Homogeneous Mixture, and Heterogenous Mixture.
A. Pure Substance
B. Homogeneous Mixture
C. Heterogeneous Mixture
Do the following conversions. Show your work. No work, no credit.
1. A pizza box says to bake the pizza at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, but your oven measures temperature in Celsius. At what temperature should you set the oven?
2. A French recipe says to bake a cake at 200 degrees Celsius. At what temperature would you set the oven in degrees Fahrenheit?
Lab Safety Sign
1. Create a Lab Safety Sign.
2. Size 8.5" x 11" paper.
3. Illustration should correctly display the lab safety rule
4. The sign should be neatly done.
5. Be creative and make sure your work is original (not copied)
Grading Rubric (20 points)
1. Illustration correctly display the lab safety rule 5 4 3 2 1
2. Student demonstrate understanding of the rule 5 4 3 2 1
3. The sign is neatly done 5 4 3 2 1
(Color in the lines, few eraser marks)
4. Creativity and Originality 5 4 3 2 1